7th Resignation

Well, if you happened to read my blog before, I am sure this is not the first time you saw such post. I wonder why, too...


Unlike previous experience, I felt better this round which was reflected on Emotion Cards above. Ya, I am aware that some of you cannot read Mandarin (or traditional characters), so it reads:

(Top row, from left) Guilty, Relieved
(Bottom row, from left) Hopeful, Anticipation, Courageous

You may have guessed it right, the top row is about leaving the job (or fired) while the bottom row is about waiting for what is next for me.

I was fired for this job because bicycles shop owner were having hard time communicating with me. I was hired as business development executive of a bicycles shop which focused on folding bicycles. Those seasoned cyclists in Penang surely know which shop I mentioned so I don't want to repeat it again here. Yes, I am sorry for being hard for him throughout that 1 month employment, for my mistakes and stubbornness but I don't think it should end like this. Oh well, I can only manage myself so I don't know what had caused him to be so paranoia about everyone will harm him even though I was working for him. I left my marketing job back in February 2021 because I don't really have an interest on used car dealership even though that was a stable job, and I was excited for being able to work in a bicycles shop which is what I am passionate with. We can't change the past so let's move on to the bottom row!

Why am I feeling so opposite as compare to previous resignation? I guess I decided to spend sometimes on myself to figure out, "What is work?", "Is money the only consideration for living?", "How am I hedging my trading risk without a stable income?", "In order to honour God, how should I react after this resignation?"...

I figured that when I am reexamining those spiritual topics again by checking out online resources of theology (Reformed Presbyterian), reconnect with my trading mates by updating and sharing about current commodity markets (ya man, I missed so many nice scalps and swings!), and chatting with folks in Clubhouse! (Yep, some of you are aware that I am a heavy user of that recently known social audio app)

Besides that, I do get more job offers and interviews as compare to that terrible 4th resignation which reignited my suicidal ideation (Hey, remember 1 Corinthian 10:13). I took the one which sends me all the way to Dubai, as a customer service for a FX trading firm. Fingers crossed, if all went well, I shall say goodbye to Malaysia!

Comments