Thank you 2022, it was a wonderful year

 


Occupation and material blessing wise, indeed. I managed to purchase few stuff which I planned for years. Some of them are:


How many are still using Clubhouse (app) or film camera? Ever since MCO started, I am hooked on the social audio app and one of the group that I am still engaging is a Hong Kong photography group where we discussed about a established photographer so that we can learn from them.

I came across this Nikon FM2 randomly at those flea market at Weld Quay when I was having weekend coffee session with my sister. It was sold by a senior collector who is a serious photographer himself. I am lucky to get my hand on this iconic device from Taiwan with surprisingly cheap price! Well, of course, I need to fix it light meter and probably get another lens for it because current 50mm prime lens started to fog.

Definitely one of the agenda in 2023!


Ah yes, I miss my ultra endurance days where I managed to crank up to 6 thousands kilometres a year, but look at the cycling log this year...

Hey, I am thankful that I managed to get Garmin Tacx Neo 2T which I am wishing for during those days when I hardly thinking of allocating budget for it.

Well, crude oil price over $100 and achieved 15 years high and some of you know that I am a crude oil future traders so...be thankful!

As much as I enjoyed cycling at home with manageable time for workout routine, I am actually missing those cycling pals whom we cycled so hard for our Super Randonneur medal (mind you, it is an internationally recognised title that any amateur can earn with blood and sweat)!


Gunpla building wise, it was quite slowdown year because I have to build up my new career path as data analyst. As you can tell from photo, I am even lazy to pose my art pieces properly, haha...

Oh well, thankfully, there is backlog waiting for me to clear, mainly MGEX Strike Freedom Gundam and MG Ex Impulse Gundam which one of them are planned to sell upon completion while the other one is definitely personal collection (you can tell which is which if you're a builder/nerd/geek/otaku).
My portfolio = my IG.


Nope, it was not priced over RM 3K when I got my hand on one of these units. It is a Korean unit and in fact, I need to deliver it back to seller for new unit when the first unit failed on me when it cannot read any disc (as disc version, something wrong with its disc drive).

Learning more about gaming console supply chain actually helped me to know more about this industry which I care since the age of 7.

I heard the supply is improving now and should you are looking to get one unit officially, you don't have to bear with those bloody scalpers anymore...


Got this as second hand unit on 14th Feb (Valentine git for myself? Nuh, I don't buy self-loving shit...) when I was browsing Facebook Marketplace.

Initially, I was a bit hesitant to buy it because my take on any electronic purchase is that I need it to create value for me. I wasn't quite able to make sense of it back then besides ending up as another media consumption device which I did't quite need it back then.

But, it served as my:

- device to run ZWIFT, smart cycling trainer software
- device to load walkthrough guide when I am clearing stages on PlayStations
- device for 3rd trading monitor
- device to hold original text during translation job
- shared device for anime consumption

As such, it is a RM 2000 well spent, I guess?


My last spending on courses are 5 years back when I decided to have a great teacher to guide me in understanding trading and investment through macroeconomic approach. Thinking back on the amount I spent, it was a very wonderful experience where I still connecting with the group actively and all those gains I am blessed in US financial markets. 

With that in mind, I dare to risk some spare cash on skills which I thought would be great to have people in the industry to lead me in where to start for lifelong learning.

I am still looking for a job that I can practice what I learned in this intensive course but I guess there is no harm in building some personal projects which could be served as interviewing material in future.


No gift is better than to lead another lost sheep to our beloved Papa who knows our pain and shower us with much blessing that I could not imagine when I was in 1st January 2022.

Upon sending over a copy of New American Standard Bible version of Holy Bible, she immediately started a bible study session with her church mate and asking when is the session with her.

I hope I am not giving her a hard time for starting our session with something hard. 


"𝙁𝙤𝙧𝙜𝙚𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙢𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨; 𝙙𝙤 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙙𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙤𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙖𝙨𝙩."- Isaiah 43:18

May you have a great year ahead, folks.

Comments