Cast my burden on Thy, for You know where I shall go...

While waiting for my sister, I managed to think about my current job and career development...

I recalled the moment I was struck by hopelessness and depression when my manager delivered the first warning letter to me few weeks back...

How slack I was....
How useless I was...
How stubborn I was...
How egocentric I was...

Then..

I rethink again what did that incident mean for me,
reviewed one of the case that I handled recently,
referred the policy of my job title,
and I saw this,

”A man’s heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps.” (Proverbs 16:9)


I think that there is a purpose why God put me in this job at this hospital and begin to realize that I can perform better by applying what I have learned in the university.


All the while,


I was thinking that my degree has little and nothing to do with my current job, for I am a social worker but I am graduated in counseling. All I have to do in this job, is only to disburse the charity fund to the patient. With this mindset persists, I am unable to integrate my knowledge into my practice. However, when I was reviewing one of the cases on my hand, I began to have some ideas on how to process it from different perspective which I haven't applied since I started this job.

  • If the cardiologist remarked anxiety/depression on the diagnosis page, why didn't I assessed her for the past interview session?
  • Why didn't I applied my Mental Status Examination (MSE) skills on her when home visit was conducted?
  • How can I integrate MSE into our first interview or our interviewing approach with charity patients?
  • Why can't I arrange for consultation with Dr Lynn about case management or referral when the manager is unable to discuss for case management in the perspective of patient's psychological functioning?
  • Why am I saying that I cannot apply my skills when there is actually a chance to reform the process of case management in medical social service?


With these question roaming around my mind, I think again,


Counseling is part of case management or the process of psychosocial support for patients, but I am given the chance to learn how to manage a case from the beginning (in fact prior to first contact with charity patients) until the end of holistic psychosocial support (usually follow up to ensure patient's overall functioning) in clinical setting.     


  • Isn't I fortunate to have this learning opportunity when I keep mentioning that my career path is into clinical psychology?
  • Isn't this one of the way that our Heavenly Father form and build me?
I don't know who I can be in future, but I am willing to come back to Him again...


For He knows what is the best for me and lightens my path...








“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.” ~Proverbs 3:5

Comments

Squarefish said…
Hi Bestie, so happy to read your blog. I guess God had spoken to you, and I'm so glad to know that you are taking it all well. Be prepare to greater tasks for Him! :)
applefish said…
wow, quite good, can help..happy to see this article ^^