Money matters

Seeing some of the friends are graduating soon, I feel grateful for them. However, when I imagine this as what will happen during the next year, I feel anxious and tense.
I guess if you’re studying somewhere far from your hometown, the arrangement of brief travel around the location which you’re studying, is somehow a must for your family when they visit you during your convocation. Do you agree? Well, at least, for me, it is a “yes” since my parents keep mentioning that during those phone calls.
Therefore, I had followed my friend to arrange this for his family who will visit Sabah in the near future (October, 2009). We were surveying the price for the accommodation since it is quite a challenge to get a room which is reasonable in term of payment and safety. Excluding those luxurious hotels in Kota Kinabalu, we have the price ranges from 65 bucks to RM280 per night for a family size room. Well, you can imagine what we have for the cheapest (best setting for horror movie) and the most expensive (3 stars).
After that we speculated for the rough budget for the travel around Kota Kinabalu which included visit to Kundasan, Kudat, seafood meals, transportation etc. Including my friend himself, the budget was for 5 persons. The figure was expected to reach around 2K and I was stunned for  few seconds…
I tried not to imagine about that as this was not my main concern, yet. Gestalt therapy says thinking about the future will only make you more anxious and stressful. Unfortunately, when I attempted to figure this out from another perspective, I knew that if I would not disappoint my family during that time, I have to think about how to accumulate the money from now own.
Seems contradict, right? I am more sensitive to money, anyway, especially when it involves third party…


Comments

Squarefish said…
I think I will start praying now. That my uncle is kind enough to let my family stay in his house.

Or maybe if I've decided to stay put, then I don't need to think of all these..

1 more year... jeng jeng jeng.
Andrew Koay said…
Agree, since your uncle is so big that it is almost like a rent motel...

Hmm, does this make you more determine to stay put with Willie if there is nothing ridiculous happened? Anyway, wish you luck then! ^^