Opportunity

Strike while the iron is hot. Whenever there is chance, never miss it.

J0341534

Today, I went to university for my Data Analysis examination. Before I touched the exam paper, Dr Chua knocked my table and request an appointment with her.

The first thing that flashed through my mind was the empty post in my school as I recalled her mentioning about vacancy in data entries personnel. Therefore I finished the paper with contented heart. After the after exam of counselling and psychotherapy theories, I knocked the door of her room.

The conversation began with her inquiry about my presence in the South East Asia Psychology Conference that is organized by my school. Quickly after that, she came up with one question that astounded me, “Will like to present your paper during that conference?”

shocked

“As a student presentation?” I responded.

“Nope, a formal paper presentation, just like any other presenters. I found your paper is suitable for the conference and you can even consider journal submission.”

I did not reject, as I have waited for opportunity to publish my academic article all the while and the only concern that I have is the recognition from any academic professional. I believed there is reason that formed the consideration of Dr. Chua.

It seems that I have being making progress in my career. Right until now, my mind is still fascinated with my further study opportunity in psychology, article publication… I know that I overact by the request as before that I have to prepare for the presentation and paper review. Consequently, I decide to fill my holidays with paper writing, reading and presentation preparation.

I am fear to present my idea in front of audience which includes experts in this field.

I am afraid my paper will be rejected by the organizing committee.

But, I will like to thank Dr. Chua Bee Seok, Grace Ooi, Grace Chin and Doreen Cheah for making this to happen.

Comments

Cyn said…
Is a good thing isn't it??
Squarefish said…
yay! I am happy for you! and us!

Do your best and do it well. Our paper is in your hands. =)

Praying for you.
Andrew Koay said…
slowbrogal: Yup, sure it is!

squarefish: Sounds pressure, well, let it be oral or poster, this is the chance to present our idea! Yipee!
Congrats (n.o)

Do ur best then~
Cambateh ~ I know you can do it, and I proud of You ! jz try your best, no matter how, ur gang is alwayz here v u!!! jia you ~
Andrew Koay said…
Cheng,

Thanks, keep it up for you artistic pieces!

Doreen,

Things are rather smooth right not and thanks for your encouragement. For your information, the paper is still considered as our group paper despite I'll rewrite and present it.