A Weird Dream

I had a dream during 0400 hours today.

Before the dream slipped off my mind, I decided to write it here, in the hope that I can interpret it when I can.

I went to one of my female friends house in the favour of borrowing a car from her. I can’t remember who she was, but I did recall that she replied my request by handing me a car key of an old model Toyota Crown, which is something like this:

It was in bad condition though. (in my dream)

Without wasting any time, I was heading to my destination with the still-functioning Crown. I wanted to visit a site in somewhere which I don’t remembered. She asked to come along and I say OK. She drove a brand new black Perodua Myvi which was similar with this:

By the time we departed, it was twilight. We took an hour to reach the site but the journey was proofed to be vain as the thing that I was looking for was no longer there. (can’t remember what was it)

Before the day came to the total darkness, we left with despair. The return trip was dark and the road was so narrow that it allowed only one car to travel along the lane. I tried to switch on the headlight but the nearly spoilt car disappointed me and so I called her who was driving behind me to switch on hers, so that I had a better visibility of the road. Unfortunately, she reported that her car was having the same problem, too. We ended up driving in the dark without the light.

After several minutes, we encountered a split road which was not existed by the time we were heading to the site. As I was driving in the front, I decided to head left which ended up as a dead end. I turned back and made a call just to signal her not to follow my path. Before she picked up the call, I saw a black car driving in opposite direction, with the headlight on, and the car was going to the right path as if the driver already knew that the path I chose was a dead end. It was exactly the car she drove because I can see the number plate clearly. But what about the headlight? Wasn't it spoiled? When I was on the her track, she accelerated her car and left in nowhere, leaving me behind, who was trying hard to find the way home in the dark…

(without the light…though…)

Dream analysis, is one of the therapeutic skills in psychoanalysis. Sometimes I doubt, does the manifest content of the dream like I have dreamt can possibly bring out the latent content of my dream. If it can, I guess I have to figure out several items within the dream:

  • Who is that woman?
  • Why did she want to follow along the trip?
  • Where is the site?
  • What am I searching for at the site?
  • Why did she cheat me on the headlight?
  • Why did she left me alone in the dark?

It isn’t the first time I dream about being cheated by woman. I remember the previous episode was, been conned to kill someone I know.

Can you read my dream? :)

Comments

VoNnE said…
my goodness! wat kinda dreams u hv...
hehe...
but dreams are meant to be weird, aren't they?
hmmm...i just got 2 questions here..
1. Why do we tend to forget about our dream? I'll be totally clueless bout my dream if i dun recall it within 10 seconds i woke up. Is it tat my brain take the dream as 'useless' tats why its not in my 'normal' memory?

2. What about dejavu? dreams coming true?
I reali hav no idea bout WHY or WHAT 2 dream.. But i like it bcoz when i was a child, i often dream bout fairy tales (n.n)
Howeva, i tend 2 hav weird dreams b4 exam. I believe that 'dream is a story 2 tell', mayb it is bout our past o future..
Haha, i can help u if & only if i m 催眠师 (n.0)