Good bye, PAP UMS 2008...



I guess after the appreciation dinner, the Pesta Ang Pow (or Chinese New Year Night) University Malaysia Sabah 2008 has came to its end. The hard work and the joy that we have gone through has remained as part of our memory in UMS...
The Appreciation Dinner of PAP UMS 2008 was held yesterday at Le Meridien hotel (I heard it is a five star hotel) after gone through many obstacles. Every attended committee members makes up heavily than I don't remember meeting them, waw! For example, look at the picture below:

(Me, Grace and Doreen were standing while Yi Juan, Jenice, Yi Ming and Ai Xuan were sitting. They are my coursemates!)
Well, I know somebody will say this is just the normal dinner attire and make ups, why am I feeling so strange about it....I have a bad taste in fashion as you can see. If not, why am I wearing black T-shirt and black pants like one of the waiters in the hotel?
Anyway, for your information, I HATE FORMAL WEAR! That's why I never wear them during balls. Social deviant, am I?
The 8 set serving course dinner started around 2000 hours. I felt so lucky than anyone for eating 16 courses because I didn't see anybody other than me running around the tables and eating between tables...Gosh, how inconsiderable I was! I was sitting with Yi Juan and others at vegetarian table (there was two tables specially allocated for them, one of them was displayed in the picture above) before the dinner started. After the first course was served, I began to have some words with other members and eventually I ended up sitting and feasting with them...(>~<) At least I did not waste the foods...
Coming up next, the lucky draw that everybody is waiting for. 6 hampers, one 8GB USB Flash drive, one Canon iP1880 printer and one 160 GB external SATA hard-disk. As expected, I got nothing and neither my friends. Wish for better luck next time.
The dinner ended before 2200 hours (so fast...). Despite the school bus had stand by to bring them who stay in hostels back, no one seemed to stop taking shots from the beginning of the dinner...It was another chance for us to put on those beautiful attires and hair styles (except me who remain unchanged all the while...) so who will save their memory storage? Anyway, everybody was able to back to their respective hostel or home safely after they had satisfied and running out of memory and battery, hehe. Here are some pictures that include me!

Me, Grace, Dr Amrad Ahmed (a great Assistant Vice Chancellor who can cook well, speak Japanese and remains single!) and Doreen.



Grace, me and Doreen, one of a long term teams in counselling psychology course of UMS!


P/S: thanks Grace & May for the photos! ^^

Comments

curryegg said…
Haha... I think formal wear will look nice on you... :)
Andrew Koay said…
curryegg: Is it? I tried before but for me, it is weird for a short guy with abnormal body proportion to wear formal...My mum sometimes mentions that I looked like a middle-age when I wear that....(-_-!!)
applefish said…
well, uum's students nid 2 wear in formal, ok lah, u were all in black, cool mah..