An expensive lunch




Guess how much does this dish cost?
RM4? RM4.50? RM5?
These are the acceptable price range to us, the West Penisularian, well, I guess some Sabahans too. But this meal was not included in that range, instead it cost me RM7.50!!! (O.o"")
I took my lunch in KK Plaza before I did my shopping with Kar Fei (purchased our "surviving stocks"). First of all, I rejected other choices in food court as those dishes cost around RM5 and they were worth that for me (even though that may be acceptable for local). Nevertheless I preferred economic rice. Well, the meal ended up as "non-economic". I was astounded when I saw the cash register machine displayed "RM7.50"! No choice, I had to pay for it as there was no way to reject this dish.
Rice + fried long beans + fried egg with long beans + fish balls + fish cakes = RM7.50? That's expensive! Until now I still have not had any clue that this dish cost so much.
No wonder, some say that the economy in Sabah is hard to change as the economic gap is enormous. Look at the food price or any product price index, it seems that the poor is struggling to survive while the rich will maintain as wealthy.

Comments

curryegg said…
Wow.. RM7.50?
Emmm... kinda expensive.. the boss counted wrongly?

o_O